For the last couple of days, I’ve had this issue with Google Chrome not loading Google Plus. With this on the heel of the search bar conking out, I was starting to get a tad miffed
I’d navigate to Google Plus in my browser to make a post, or research a person who added me, and the site would load, if only for a second, then return to a blank screen. It didn’t do this with Firefox, or IE, just Chrome
I tried the standard fare:
- Clear all of Chrome’s data (ctrl + shift + del)
- Restart my machine
- Uninstall Chrome
- Reinstall Chrome
- Coo softly at my laptop and hope that it will load
So after giving a week, I decided that it may be worth Googling, especially considering that I was getting tired of browser hopping.
Lo and behold, Whitson Gordon over at Lifehacker happened to have my solution. It turns out that this was a profile issue in Chrome and all I had to do was open Chrome with a new user profile.
Here’s what Gordon prescribed as the fix:
- In Windows 7 (since I am a Windows guy), navigate to: %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\Userdata
- Look for a folder named “Default”
- Rename it (Gordon uses “Backup Default”
- Reopen Chrome and navigate to trouble site
That got my back up and running, and hopefully will for you too. If you’re looking to fix a similar issue, but you’re on a Mac, or are using a Linux distro, Gordon’s written up instructions for those OS’s as well.
Bon chance and happy computing!